March 18th, 2020
In the interest of public safety and to help decrease the spread of the Covid-19 (Coronavirus), the Town of Arlington will be moving to modified operations effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. We will reevaluate these changes as more information is available. A detailed outline of modifications will be listed below. Our website and social media pages will be updated as changes are made. Considering recommendations made by the CDC and Shelby County Health Department, access to the Town’s Public Facilities will be restricted and closed to the public. The Town of Arlington will make the following modifications for business operations:
Town Hall (Finance/Planning Department)
- Town Hall will be closed to the public.
- Code Enforcement Department will be closed to the public.
- Business licenses may be obtained by mail at P.O. Box 507 Arlington, TN 38002. More information can be found on our website www.townofarlington.org
- Any necessary business with the Finance or Planning Department may be taken care of by calling 901-867-2620 or by emailing Brittney Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Works Department
- Public Works office will be closed to the public.
- Garbage and Recycling collection will remain on schedule until further notice.
- Yard debris will remain on schedule until further notice.
- Utility calls/work will not be affected.
- Any necessary business, including Construction Inspections may be taken care of by calling 901-867-2620 or by emailing Terry Perkins at email@example.com
Arlington Fire Department
- The Fire Department lobby will be closed to the public.
- Fire reports may be obtained by calling 901-867-8905 or emailing Jim Harvill at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Firefighters will wear additional protective gear to reduce exposure.
Parks and Recreation Department
- Parks and Recreation offices will be closed to the public. Any business may be taken care of by calling 901-867-2620 or by emailing email@example.com
- All scheduled activities are suspended until further notice.
- Parks within the Town will be open for passive recreation such as walking or jogging.
- Be aware that playground equipment, benches, etc. are surfaces that can host any and all germs and are not being sanitized until further notice.
- Offices are closed to the public.
- For sewer issues call 901-867-1782 or 901-302-5348.
- Any business may be taken care of by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Citizens Center
- Closed to the public.
- Staff is available by phone at 901-867-7698 or by email at email@example.com
Sam T. Wilson Library
- Closed to the public.
- Staff is available by phone at 901-867-1954 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org