With the recent confirmation of COVID-19 in Shelby County, we felt it important to share how we will be handling the situation, to best protect our employees and our residents:
- As always, employees who are sick, especially with respiratory and fever symptoms, are asked to please stay home.
- We have taken measures to more thoroughly deep clean Town facilities in addition to our normal cleaning procedures, including the Senior Center and Library where all surfaces are being disinfected throughout the day, as well as books being returned.
- All public restrooms are being cleaned with antibacterial products.
- First Responders are prepared with the correct personal protective equipment, tools and supplies.
- The Town is ready to make decisions concerning Public Meetings, gathering places, programs and events as the situation warrants.
As we encourage our Town of Arlington staff to take these precautions in the best interests of their health and that of our residents, we ask that you do the same.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT COVID-19
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
STOP THE SPREAD