Since 2005, the Sam T. Wilson Public Library, previously known as the Arlington Branch Library, has been fully owned and operated by the Town of Arlington. Library staff is guided by policies developed by the Sam T. Wilson Library Board, composed of seven citizens appointed by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The library is located at 11968 Walker Street near the Historic Depot Square and can be reached at (901) 867-1954.
The Sam T. Wilson Public Library strives to:
- Promote lifelong learning and a love of reading
- Inform, enrich and empower every patron served
- Provide easy access to a wide variety of materials, services and programs
- Meet the personal, educational, cultural and professional information needs of the community
Sam T. Wilson Public Library
11968 Walker Street
Arlington, TN 38002
901-867-1954 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Librarian: Lisa Lance (email@example.com)
HOURS OF OPERATION
LIBRARY CARDS - Residents and property owners within the town limits of Arlington are entitled to a free card. In addition, students who attend an Arlington Community School, as well as active military personnel, are also eligible for free library cards.
Shelby County residents who live outside the Town limits may obtain a library card for an annual fee of $50. Non-resident Seniors aged 50 and above may obtain cards for a discounted annual rate of $25.
- Valid driver's license or state ID
- Active Military ID
- Voter's registration card
- Current utility bill
- Current Lease, etc.
- Report card, attendance letter, or Power Parent (for ACS students)
- Individuals seventeen (17) and younger require a parent or guardian to show acceptable identification and sign the application.
CARD RENEWAL - All Library Cards must be renewed annually. Patrons may renew their cards by visiting the Sam T. Wilson Public Library and providing the same documentation requirements listed above.
LIBRARY POLICIES - Learn about policies on circulation, new books, holds, fines, internet access, and more.
ACCESS YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT:
- Go to the Online Catalog.
- Click the My Account tab.
- Type your library card number in the USERNAME OR BARCODE Box and the Last 4 digits of your phone number on file in the 4-Digit Pin Box.
- Click the Log in Button.
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The Arlington Branch Library was renamed by the Arlington Library Board as the Sam T. Wilson Public Library in honor of the late, Mayor Sam T. Wilson. The Town of Arlington wished to honor one of its most outstanding citizens for his lifelong dedication to the community and its citizens. We recognize the many contributions Mayor Sam T. Wilson made to the Town of Arlington, in addition to his terms as mayor from 1970 to 1986. We acknowledge Mayor Sam's service and dedication to his country as a decorated veteran of World War II, and Whereas, we are proud that he remained in Arlington to continue to run the general store, S.Y. Wilson's General Merchandise, started by his grandfather in 1893.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES - Reach out to learn about ways to give back to your local library.
STORYTIME VIDEOS - a whole list of videos from the Library of bedtime stories, read with me stories, and others.