Frequently Asked Questions

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify
Depot Square
  1. Do I need to apply for a sign permit for my business in Depot Square? Sign applications can be found by clicking here.  There is a $50.00 fee per sign. Please contact the Planning Department at 901-867-3449 to find out more about what is allowed in the Depot Square area.
  1. What are the hours of operation for Town Hall? Town Hall is open Monday-Thursday from 8 AM until 5 PM and Friday from 8 AM until 4 PM. Town Hall may be contacted at (901)-867-2620.
  2. How do I start my Garbage and Refuse Collection Service? To start Garbage and Refuse Collection, please contact Public Works at (901) 867-4980. Someone will deliver cans to your home within 24 hours. 
  3. Where can I find submittal applications? All applications can be found in the Document Center portion of the website. 
  4. Where can I find the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Regulations & Design Guidelines Manual? All Planning and Development documents can be found by clicking here
  5. Can I pay my utilities bill online? All utility bills are collected by MLGW. You may pay online by clicking here
  6. How is my Sewer Bill calculated? Sewer charges are calculated using the total amount of water consumed. Water consumption is measured in "ccf." There are 7.48 gallons per cubic foot which equates to 748 gallons per "ccf" (7.48 x 100) Multiply the amount of water used by $2.84 and add $7.52 (example: water used 15 ccf, so 15 x $2.84 = $42.60 + $7.52= $50.12 sewer charge). For all other information regarding your MLGW bill, call MLGW at (901) 544-6549.
  7. Does Arlington have a Senior Citizens Center? The Arlington Senior Citizens Center is located at 6265 Chester Street. For more information, visit the Senior Citizens Center homepage
  8. Do I need a permit to install a fence? Yes. A permit may be obtained at Town Hall, 5854 Airline Road, or by following these simple steps. 
  9. Who do I contact to get vehicle tags? To obtain vehicle tags, please contact the Shelby County Clerk's Office at
  10. Does Arlington have a Police Department? The Town of Arlington does not have it's own police force. The Town uses the Shelby County Sheriff's Office
  11. Is there a regulation governing dogs? Rules and regulations for the governing of dogs is referenced in the Municipal code: Title 10 - Animal Control. For any loose or stray animals contact Shelby County Animal Control - Dog Catcher at 901-222-9725.
Public Works
  1. What are the hours of operation for Public Works? Public Works operates from 7 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday to Friday. Public Works can be contacted at 901-867-4980.
  2. How do I properly dispose of Hazardous Household Waste? Residents may dispose of hazardous waste at the Shelby County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility on 6305 Haley Marino Road, Memphis, TN 38134, or may contact 901-222-7729.
  3. Where can I find the garbage rules and regulations? For garbage or recycling questions, contact Public Works at 901-867-4980. More information regarding collection services can be found by clicking on this link.
Town Government
  1. Who are the members of the Town's Board of Mayor and Aldermen? Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
  2. When and where does the Board of Mayor and Aldermen meet? The Board of Mayor and Aldermen (BMA) meet the first (1st) Monday of every month unless it falls on a holiday. A full calendar can be found by clicking here. 
  3. How do I get an item placed on the agenda for the Board of Mayor and Aldermen? At each Board of Mayor and Aldermen meeting, there is a time for grievances and comments from citizens. This is not a question and answer session, however it allows each resident 1-3 minutes to state any concerns or comments. 


Areas of